Wikipedia Dischbedutt:Bot policy
This is a copy of the discussion. --Marbot 13:42, 25. Mär. 2009 (UTC)
Bot policy[Quelltext bearbeiten]
Hello. To facilitate steward granting of bot access, I suggest implementing the standard bot policy on this wiki. In particular, this policy allows stewards to automatically flag known interlanguage linking bots (if this page says that is acceptable), which form the vast majority of such requests. The policy also enables global bots on this wiki (if this page says that is acceptable), which are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots.
This policy makes bot access requesting much easier for local users, operators, and stewards. To implement it we only need to create a redirect to this page from Project:Bot policy, and add a line at the top noting that it is used here. Please read the text at m:Bot policy before commenting. If you object, please say so; I hope to implement in one week if there is no objection, since it is particularly written to streamline bot requests on wikis with little or no community interested in bot access requests.
- Since no objections occurred during a month's time, the standard bot policy is now adopted by pdcwiki. Best regards --Marbot 09:15, 17. Sep. 2008 (UTC)
Global bots[Quelltext bearbeiten]
Hello. The standard bot policy was updated to allow global bots, which are now technically possible. These are trusted bots that will be given bot access on every wiki that allows global bots (the local policy or request page must explicitly allow them, or they won't get access on this wiki). The current requirements for global bots are:
- a global bot must only maintain interlanguage links or fix double-redirects;
- a global bot must have already been active on several wikis, with long-term contributions demonstrating its trustworthiness.
Does anyone object to allowing global bots on this wiki? I'll update the local policy in a week if there are no objections. Thanks.
In lack of finding your village pump, I placed it here, hope noone minds. Laaknor 14:10, 19. Aug. 2008 (UTC)
- I have placed a link to this discussion page on the main page. Apart from that. I have no objections. --Marbot 14:53, 19. Aug. 2008 (UTC)
- Meta has been informed that this wiki now accepts the standard bot policy with automatic approval and global bots. It might take some time before a steward has actually turned on global bots access, but it should come after some time. Laaknor 16:37, 26. Aug. 2008 (UTC)